All About Reading Set-up

Today I spent almost five hours setting up my All About Reading Level 2. The program comes with a student workbook. I cut out every single activity, paper clip game pieces and put them in page protectors to be ready for the new year.

Cutting...cutting...

and more cutting.

I also include the phonogram cards and word cards with each corresponding lesson. When I'm done with the lesson I put the cards in the Reading Review Box.

I ended up needing a 3'' and a 1'' binder.

The only thing left to do is take the teachers manual to an office supply store to be spiral bound. I love the option of having the book lay flat or being able to fold it back. Plus the plastic protector cover they put on it keeps it from too much wear and tear.

With Level 1 I put more than one lesson per sheet protector, this year it is one lesson per so I can grab it more easily. Also, I didn't label the sheet protectors because most lessons have the number on the top of the sheet for easy discernment. There was one lesson that was only an activity without the lesson number and I just put a sticky note on it.

Spending the time to prep is so worth it. If the lesson is ready to go without having to do a daily or weekly prep I am more likely to pull it out, even when I'm feeling overwhelmed or hurried. 

I hope you found this helpful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What am I doing...

My history...